Basic Job Description
CHANGE is a Vietnamese NGO that works to address climate, pollution, and wildlife issues through strategic communications, community empowerment, and cross-sectoral partnership approaches that encourage behavioral change and community actions.
CHANGE is at an intriguing crossroads and is looking for an innovative and collaborative leader to shepherd the organization into its next chapter.
- Report to: Board of Directors
- Weekly Hrs: 40 hours
- Compensation and Benefits: Subjected to negotiation
Tasks and responsibilities
The position will be required to perform tasks, but not limited to, as follows.
Executive Leadership and Organizational Management
- Direct CHANGE’s mission as established by its Board of Directors by providing thoughtful, visionary and empowering executive leadership
- Propose strategic plans to enhance the organization’s impacts and implement them to fulfill the organization’s mission after having board approval
- Supervise the organization’s day-to-day operations and ensure the success of its long-term operations
- Build, inspire, and coach internal team leaders to strategically expand the organization’s programs, budget, impacts, and to effectively achieve its crucial mission
- Cultivate a culture that values positive contributions and promotes cooperation between departments
- Oversee staff development procedures including hiring, training, performance management, rewards and recognition, and even laying off
- Encourage a professional, results-driven working culture across the organization
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop goals, objectives, and operational plans for the organization
Development and Fundraising
- Promote fundraising and development in collaboration with the Fundraising and Development team, employing the Board as needed
- Establish, nurture, and expand the relationship pool of CHANGE with individual, foundation, and corporate supporters
- Maintain sufficient reserve to secure the organization’s financial stability and sustainability
Financial Management and Administration
- Provide strategic leadership and hands-on management for all of the administrative and operational functions of the organization in accordance with the mission, objectives, and policies
- Effectively direct resources and manage all financials within budget guidelines and in compliance with current laws and regulations
- Take accountability for the organization’s financial integrity
- Direct day-to-day financial operations to ensure maximum resource utilization, budget management, and the optimum financial condition
- Develop and manage the annual budget
External Relations and Communications
- Represent the organization and serve as chief spokesperson publicly at events, conferences, and partnership gatherings
- Present and promote the story of CHANGE’s work and impact in an eloquent manner
- Ensure high visibility to potential donors, the general public, and the media, and foster interest in engaged philanthropy
- Manage all facets of the organization’s branding and public relations
- Cultivate and maintain a transparent and positive Board relationships, including Board of Directors and Board of Advisors, support Board recruitment and assist Board networking and events
- Attend all Board meetings, report, and update on the organization status including information on staff, current projects, fundraising, finance, and other operational issues
- Communicate openly about the organization’s risks, successes, and other issues for the Board to make informed decisions in a timely and accurate manner
- Gently manage the board to forge consensus, remind of unfulfilled deliverables, and provide assistance where needed
- Implement Board policies and procedures and encourage staff to support Board decisions
Candidates may come from the nonprofit, foundation, government, or business sectors and should have the following qualifications:
- Five years of prior experience in a similar position at a nonprofit, foundation, government agency, or business
- Proven track record of inspirational leadership at the executive level
- Personal connection to and passion for environmental causes including but not limited to fields that CHANGE is working on
- Demonstrated success leading an effective charitable organization of comparable size or larger and/or related institution
- Track record of successfully managing a nonprofit board and working with diverse groups of people
- Knowledge and experience in a variety of business functions such as Communications, Human Resources, Fundraising, Operations, etc.
- Proven track record of inspiring, attracting, developing, retaining, and mentoring high-performing, goal-driven teams
- Strong interpersonal and transdisciplinary project skills, as well as exceptional writing, oral, and public speaking abilities
- Track record of success in fundraising across both restricted and unrestricted funds, and be strategic and innovative with donor cultivation and revenue diversification
- A bachelor’s or higher education.
Interested candidates are invited to send their application (including a Letter of Motivation and a CV with desired salary) to the Human Resource Division via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email subject: [CHANGE] Position_Full name.