Basic Job Description
The Plastic Pollution programs at CHANGE aims to reduce plastic waste in landfills, oceans, and rivers through (1) advocating for reduced one-time plastics usage and (2) increasing the % of plastic recycling. Starting from 2018, the Plastic Pollution team at CHANGE has carried out campaigns reaching nearly 2,000,000 people, with more than 3,000 active participants.
In the latter half of 2021, the team seeks to continue our advocacy against single-use plastics and build community-based trash sorting behaviors.
The Plastic Pollution Officer will be responsible for developing and executing projects to meet the aligned target: 10,000 people engaged in campaigns against single-use plastics and 5 entities adopting trash sorting at source.
The officer must ensure timely completion of projects, within the aligned budget and hitting the appropriate KPIs.
- Report to: Managing Director
- Department: Program
- Weekly Hrs: 40 hours
- Compensation and Benefits: Subject to negotiation
Tasks and responsibilities
The project officer will be required to perform tasks, but not limited to, as follows:
1. Research & actively improve his/her knowledge on the plastic pollution topic through processing assigned documents/materials, helping with translations, and the self-acquisition of educational materials (10%)
2. Develop project plans from initial project ideas/briefs (both self-initiated and assigned) (20%)
- Build detailed plans to manage the projects, including: Scope, Activities, Resources, Timeline, Budget. Work with the program manager to align at appropriate steps.
- Secure human resources in a timely manner to ensure projects’ quality (volunteer, in-house support, …)
3. Execute the planned projects with responsibility and flexibility & Manage logistics, finance, and human resource (optional) to smoothly execute the activities aligned in the plans (50%)
- Produce key content for the projects (video brief, invitation letters, event script, proposals,…)
- Execute basic legal and financial procedures such as contract drafting, process claims, process finance reporting, etc…
- Adapt to changing requirements and resolve arising conflicts
- Coordinate among key stakeholders to ensure projects’ success
4. Report (10%)
- Responsible for post-project items such as project reporting and consolidation
- Produce report for the program manager and relevant parties (if necessary)
5. Others (10%)
- Execute other tasks/projects assigned by the program manager
- Support other teams in need (up to program manager’s assignment)
- University graduates with a bachelor degree.
- Experience in or knowledge on project management is a plus
- Experience working with and designing projects for the local communities is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills, in both Vietnamese and English (minimum IELTS 5.0 or equivalent)
Attitude & Qualities:
- Able to work under pressure, especially with multiple on-going projects, and topics, to deliver tasks on time
- Possess good self-management: time management, responsibility, and willingness to improve
- Creative, daring and willing to contribute innovative ideas in both project ideation, planning and execution
- All compensations and benefits regulated by Vietnam’s laws;
- Frequent opportunities for training, seminars, and workshops to increase your capacity;
- Opportunities to expand your social and professional networks and life experiences;
- Great opportunity to work with reputable partners;
- Improve skills and experiences in the non-profit sector
- Hands-on and immersive experiences to develop and implement work for good causes;
- Good springboard to apply for scholarships to study abroad;
- Retreats and fun celebrations with the team.
Interested candidates are invited to send their application (including a Letter of Motivation and a CV with desired salary) to the Human Resource Division via the email address email@example.com.
Email subject: [CHANGE] Position_Full name.