Basic Job Description
CHANGE is a Vietnamese NGO based in HCMC, with the mission to raise awareness and engage the community in taking action in addressing the country’s most critical environmental challenges, with a focus on wildlife, climate change, and pollution.
In order to implement its ambitious goals and objectives, CHANGE currently seeks a Program Manager to lead the backbone team of the organization.
The Program Manager needs to ensure multiple projects under the program is completed on time and within budget, that the program’s objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly. Program Manager oversees the program to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used, and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- Report to: Managing Director
- Department: Program
- Weekly Hrs: 40 hours
- Compensation and Benefits: Subjected to negotiation
Tasks and responsibilities
The project manager will be required to perform tasks, but not limited to, as follows:
1. Developing new projects (15%)
- Developing new projects to support the strategic direction of the organization with the program team.
2. Planning (20%)
- Developing project management plan
- Planning scope/ Activities/ Resources/ Schedules
- Cost budgeting/ estimating
- Planning communication strategy
- Planning risk management
- Contracting and supporting funding function
- Developing & managing project team
3. Executing and monitoring (50%)
- Supervising and managing project team by providing direction, input and feedback and ensuring everyone is doing the job probably and meeting deadlines
- Working and communicating with clients and other stakeholders to keep the project on track
- Liaising with other functions to ensure the efficiency of the project
- Solving conflicts or changes within the team and other stakeholders
4. Report (10%)
- Writing project reports to supervisor and sponsors (if required)
- Liquidating sponsoring contracts (if any)
5. Others (5%)
- Execute other tasks/projects assigned by the directors
- Support other teams in need (up to director’s assignment)
- Degree in Marketing & Communications, Community Development, Sustainable Development, Environmental Management, Development, Environment, Management or related fields.
- Supervisory and project management experiences
- Knowledge of logical frameworks or other project design concepts; previous project design experience strongly preferred
Skills & Attitude
- Ability to work with the community;
- Willingness to travel and work in remote areas when needed
- Advanced writing, editing, team-working and negotiation skills;
- Ability to motivate people, deal with lack of resources and be flexible in the phase of changing priorities;
- Ability to work independently, proactively and under pressure;
- Fluency in English;
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe.
- All compensations and benefits regulated by Vietnam’s laws;
- Frequent opportunities for training, seminars, and workshops to increase your capacity;
- Opportunities to expand your social and professional networks and life experiences;
- Great opportunity to work with reputable partners;
- Improve skills and experiences in the non-profit sector
- Hands-on and immersive experiences to develop and implement work for good causes;
- Good springboard to apply for scholarships to study abroad;
- Retreats and fun celebrations with the team.
Interested candidates are invited to send their application (including a Letter of Motivation and a CV with desired salary) to the Human Resource Division via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email subject: [CHANGE] Position_Full name.