The Vietnam Climate Leadership Initiative (VCLI) programme has been up running from Dec 14 – 17, 2019, with the first camp organized by CHANGE with academic support from SIHUB and UNICEF.
The Vietnam Climate Leadership Initiative (VCLI) programme has been up running from Dec 14 – 17, 2019, with the first camp organized by CHANGE with academic support from SIHUB and UNICEF. The camps’ aim being, to prepare useful knowledge and practical skills needed for environment-aholics. The forerunner is VCLC – Vietnamese Climate Leadership Camp which began in 2017. VCLI 2019 is a new version with a wide-open scale that has up to 50 candidates and runs in 3 stages, from December 2019 to May 2020. Its main purpose being to support the future climate leaders who can develop and promote a complete and effective environmental campaign.
Participating in this “Vietnam Climate Leadership Initiative” programme will give you the chance to obtain important knowledge about Climate Change and learn the necessary skill set to build up environment campaign that is both effective and possible. You will be equipped with the problem solving skill tool set – Design Thinking, giving you the ability to analyse the problem in-depth and create problem solving solutions together with learning a soft skill set such as group working and public speaking. Everyone will also get the chance to visit locations and learn about the models needed to develop a complete campaign while being fully supported by CHANGE regarding the expenses needed to develop after the VCLI competition.
VCLI 2019 is searching for 50 candidate to participate in the first stage with these conditions:
– You must be a Vietnamese citizen, age from 16-30 and currently living and working in one of these following areas: Ca Mau, Can Tho, Long Xuyen, Tien Giang, Hau Giang, Vinh Long, Ben Tre, Dong Thap, Tra Vinh, An Giang, the Mekong Delta areas. (If you are under 18 years old, you must have the acceptance from your parents or your guardians when participating in the programme.)
– Be interested in the environment and have a desire to take action and spread environment projects far and wide
– Have ideas related to the environment.
– Participate in clubs, groups and projects related to the environment and also have experience in working and developing projects, programmes and have ideas related to climate change and recycled energy.
– Be committed to participate in all the training sessions and supporting activities after the programme.
Important timeline in the 1st stage:
Recruitment Deadline: 05/11/2019 – 01/12/2019
Publishing the candidate list (expected): 7/12/2019
Programme schedule: 14/12/2019 – 17/12/2019
The organization will support all expenses for you to participate and raise more funds to implement more potential projects after the training sessions.
For more details and downloading the application form here:
Application form: bit.ly/dondangkyVCLI
More details for the stages of the program VCLI 2019
a/ 1st Camp : The basement
Duration: 4 days
Place: Can Tho City
Time: 14/12 – 17/12/2019
The amount of people: 50 people
The participant will:
– Increase the basic knowledge about climate change and introduce media activities to protect the Vietnam climate, the skills to develop the project more effectively such as group working, leadership, negotiating and effective dialogue with different partners.
– Visit the real models
After the first stage, you will be separated in groups (with anyone from the programme or outside of it) and submit your ideas to the organizers. 12 groups who have the most unique and potential ideas will be chosen to participate in the 2nd stage.
b/ 2nd Camp: Development
Duration: 3 days
Place: Can Tho City
Time: 10/01 – 12/01/2020
– 12 groups who are chosen will continue to be trained carefully about the “design thinking” skills to complete the project which will be promoted in 3 months. The groups will present the plan and receive advice from the judges. Then, the best 6-8 groups will continue to the next stage.
c/ 3rd stage: Nourishing
Expected time: 10/02 – 30/05/2020.
– 6-8 groups which are chosen will receive sponsored support, an academic mentor and 6 small training sessions to revisit the plan and revise and adjust it to fit the conditions.
– CHANGE will organize a ceremony to let these groups present their results after 3 months. This is a big chance for the leaders to meet the potential sponsors to spread out the project to the community.
All the expenses at the campaigns (living costs and moving costs in HCMC, Can Tho City,…) will be supported by CHANGE.
The expenses to support the project: Maximum is 1000 USD
Note: CHANGE will give you a Certificate confirming your participation in the programme if you need it to comply with your schools/universities.